Thursday 29 December 2011

Let's Be Honest, Sometimes Your Kids Can drive You Nuts!


Let me start off by saying that this week has not been a good week for me thus far.. As the title explains, there are times when yes, our kids drive us crazy. Do we love them any less? Of course not! But there are days when we as Moms are frustrated, tired, and just plain fed up with everything. Today in particular, I've been feeling very defeated. Since Christmas day, I've been trying to get my home back in order. Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, organizing, etc..(With three kids at home, I accept the fact that I can't always accomplish what I set out to do, but I try my best.) It seems this week, that every time I started and finished a task, there was more for me to do.. I attribute that fact to my 4-year-old daughter, Madi, who in her own right should be labeled as a "Weapon Of Mass Destruction." haha.. I laugh, but she can be destructive, and this week in particular she has shown no mercy. As soon as I got one tiny mess cleaned up, she created another, twice as bad as the original one. :/ This has been going on ALL week. I suppose this week she's in her "I'm gonna be a little booger" mood. (All of you Momma's can relate to that to some extent I'm sure..lol) To add insult to injury, on Tuesday one of our fish tanks broke. I'm sure you all are picturing a fish tank shattering and water and fish going everywhere! haha.. That's not what happened, thank God. :) The bottom glass had separated from the silicone, leaking the water out and onto the floor. *grumble* So we had to go buy a new one. Money we didn't plan on spending.. *grumble* But it's fixed now, and the critters are fine. :) Unexpected things like that can always knock us for a loop, and the trick is to not let it get you down. I know this is fact, but I just can't seem to get it together in my head this week. Cranky kids, a messy home, and broken fish tanks leave me feeling defeated. Oh, and let's not forget to mention the 11-year-old and 8-year-old who practically can't be in the same room together because they fight like cats and dogs.. Again.. *grumble* haha.. I can say though, as I pull the VERY last hair from my head (LOL!), that I wouldn't trade anything for the world. I'm extremely thankful for a loving and patient God, who constantly reminds me that all will be well. I have an equally loving and patient husband who, no matter what, supports me and lifts me up. And of course, the three greatest blessings I've been given, my children. They can drive me absolutely insane, but I love them SO much, and if I didn't have them, I don't know what I'd do with myself. I'm thankful for everything I have in this life, and in times such as these, I need to remind myself to sit back, take a breather, and remember all the blessings I've been given. Is it hard? Certainly. But no one said this life would be easy. Plus, I keep reassuring myself that things can only get better. ;) I know they will.. Tomorrow is a brand new day after all!



5 comments:

  1. We have all been there sweetie. All we can do is keep our heads held high and push on to the next day-crossing our fingers that it is better than the previous one LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I was raising my kids, there were days (many of them) when I didn't think I would survive. Now, as a grandma who's already starting to have great-grandchildren, I look back and am thankful for all those days, both the great ones and the difficult ones. Looking back it all seems to have passed in a flash. I'm glad, Jen, that you are able to treasure your time with your kids, even when they drive you nuts.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time certainly does fly, and Harry and I constantly find ourselves saying, "Where did the time go?" I can't even begin to imagine how it will be when the kids are grown! I'm especially thankful for the difficult days, because it makes the good days so much better, and I realize that kids are just like adults in the sense that "We all have our days." Trying to remind yourself of that can be difficult when you're frustrated and having a bad day, but I think constantly reminding yourself of it regularly can help. :)Thank you for your kind words and your insight Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes sis life can be crazy and unpredictable with kids but just be happy that you only have 4 including harry lol if they all have a bad day then you still have 3 good days left. I on the other hand have seven including nate lol...No good day in sight lol at least one everyday is having a bad day lol..."Even god had a day off"...lol but you know what I love my family and wouldnt change it for the world either...lol

    ReplyDelete